Thursday, May 22, 2008

6 Quirky Things

I was tagged by Kim to come up with six quirky things about myself. I thought this would be such an easy task, but not so much. Maybe I am not as strange as I thought I was;)

1. Loud Eaters make me NUTS!! You can ask my family about this...I do not tolerate inappropriate eating at the table. Manners were invented for a reason and I cannot hear others eat, there is no need for it.

2. I cannot stand the smell of laundry that has sat too long and will redo a load if I think it has the potential to get that funky scent. If it doesn't smell like Dreft or Tide, back in the hamper it goes.



3. I love to iron. Nope, don't go back and read it again, it's true, I love to iron. I cannot handle if the girls are wrinkled (or myself for that matter) and so everything gets run under the hot iron and hung. I use the drawers strictly for sweats, shorts, pajamas and underwear, everything else gets hung.




4. I could eat the entire relish tray myself. I love olives and pickles. It totally cracks me up when the girls put olives on their fingers (hmmmmm, who did they learn that from???) Em won't actually eat them and Hannah just licks them all at this point and then returns them, nice.

5. I LOVE to play loud music in the car. I like all kinds of music and I have been known to jam to everything from Def Leppard to Amy Grant, it is quite a spectrum, but music moves me and apparently, I feel the need to move everyone else as well:)

6. I don't typically eat a whole cupcake. I scalp the top (with yummy icing of course)and then leave the cake for Rob. It works out well because he likes the cake and not so much for the icing, but I have been known to do it with several cupcakes at a time. He is certain there are therapy providers for this type of thing.

I am not tagging anyone else because this has probably made the rounds, but if you haven't participated, please fel free to join the fun!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, No wonder you are slim, relish trays and frosting only :)! Love these kind of posts. I hate yucky laundry too.

Stefanie said...

Def Leppard? You go girl!!
Loved learning a bit more about you!! I can NOT imagine ironing everything in this house... you're AMAZING :)

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I am being paged by Miss Thang but I can't wait to read this because I want to keep learning more about my sweet buddy...

xoxxo,
L

3 Peanuts said...

I love reading these things!!!!

I love to iron too and am a bit obsessive about it. I love the WHOLE cupcake though!

Your quirkiness is simply adorable.

Kim

Jodee said...

I enjoyed reading your list. Will you please come to my house and iron? I don't iron a thing. If it needs ironed, it goes straight to the cleaners!

Denise C said...

Ok..this is funny....I agree with every single number!!! (Well...except for the ironing thing....no way...I iron it when we put it on but only if it is terribly wrinkled!!....Chuck does his own! hee-hee!)

Hum......could we be sisters separated at birth??? :)

Thanks for sharing!!!

Kate said...

Oh....hmmmm.....very interesting....if you LOVE ironing so much, I would like to offer a huge pile I have been working on slowly and reluctantly for a month! I would most happily enable you!!

Fun list!

Where does Emily take dance? I wondered if by chance we go to the same studio since Lia's was having another dress rehearsal last night??? Probably not...just a thought!!

Can't wait to see pictures of your little dancer!!

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness! We could be such GREAT friends! :o)

I have a "thing" about loud eaters too. Don't eat loud in my presence or I'll give you "the look".

Fresh laundry is a good thing!

I DON'T like ironing...but if maybe you'd like to do mine?....

I thought you were supposed to eat olives off the tips of your fingers. Are you not??

My poor husband if often blasted by my loud music when he drives after me...oops..did I have it up THAT loud!?

I really don't like the icing...I love the cake part! We'd make a great team! :o)

John & Michelle said...

This was too cute!!! Loved reading it!
Michelle
Illinois

mommy24treasures said...

ok I am not a relish kinda girl or an ironing kinda girl for that matter;) I love downey wrinkle release spray!
The Def Lepard surprised me a little too! 6 quirky things that explain partly why we all love you so much:)
Love
Connie

Blogs by Danielle said...

Fun post. :)

I too cannot stand loud chewing. Even as a child it would drive me crazy.

How do you have time to iron everything? I'm impressed, and because I'm sort of a neat freak I appreciate that about you.

Have a great weekend!

Music


 
© Welcome to Our Little Ladybugs!
CoffeeShop Designs