Monday, October 13, 2008

A Pumpkin in the Hand...


Is like two on the vine!

The first weekend of October, we had a little time to spare and so, we did what every other family did in that lovely weather...we toured the pumpkin patch. We tried a new farm this year and were so happy we did. There were hayrides, pony rides, corn mazes, music, and the obvious, pumpkins:)We picked our pumpkins right off of the vine, which was incredibly fun. (and very hard, those curlicues like to hold on!)













We always look forward to carving our pumpkins. Emily, especially loves making jack-o-lanterns and takes great delight in discovering new expressions we can carve into their little faces. It is a learning time for Emily and Hannah and so we will be using the following, perhaps you would like using it also.


Last Year's Jack-O-Lanterns, be on the lookout for this year's fun carvings

"Pumpkin Prayer"

{cut off top of pumpkin}
Lord, open my mind so I can learn new things about you.

{remove innards}
Remove the things in my life that don’t please you.
Forgive the wrong things I do and help me to forgive others.

{cut open eyes}
Open my eyes to see the beauty you’ve made in the world around me.

{cut out nose}
I’m sorry for the times I’ve turned my nose at the good food you provide.

{cut out mouth}
Let everything I say please You.

{light the candle}
Lord, help me show your light to others through the things I do. Amen
By: Liz Curtis Higgs


Let your light shine!

16 comments:

Denise C said...

Oh what a glorious day you had!!! Your sweet girls are having such a grand time at the pumpkin patch...and ricing those sweet ole' ponies!!! Heather..these pictures are just beautiful....just like your precious family!!!
Have a blessed week, my friend!!!
Love,
Denise

Denise C said...

P>S>
I love your pumpkin prayer!!! I failed to put that in my previous comment!!! And I really wanted to tell you how much I liked it...and what it stands for!!!

Sharon Sloan said...

Love the AUTUMNAL pictures! And the cutie-pies of course!

Liz Curtis Higgs is one of my faves! She's terrific! :)

Enjoy this gorgeous weather from the Lord!

Love you, friend!

Shelly and Family said...

Hi Heather...Email me at shelly22005@yahoo.com and I'll send you the info (with regards to our travel web site).

I can't begin to tell you how excited we are!!!!

Michelle said...

So much fun! The girls look so happy.

Stefanie said...

LOVE it!! And the pics are precious :) Happy pumpkin carving!!

Adele said...

Oh I love these pictures. Looks like they had a fabulous time at the Pumpkin Patch.
I also love the pumpkin prayer. I might have to share that with Mallory's preschool teacher so she can share it with the kids next week when they have to bring a pumpkin to school.
Have a great day,
Adele

John's Arts & Crafts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelley said...

LOVE those pictures! The pumpkin prayer is great, too. Thanks so much for sharing!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Those have to be the cutest eagles fans I have ever seen!!

Looks like everyone had a wonderful day at the pumpkin patch!

Love the prayer...I have never seen that before!

Michelle R Photography said...

These are fabulous photos, Heather!! I just love the one of Emily in the corn stalks and Hannah in the wheelbarrow. So cute!! I plan on printing this poem out and sharing it with Leila when we cut our pumpkins. It's great!!

Thanks again for the wonderful email yesterday. You are amazing!!

Love,
Michelle

The Byrd's Nest said...

I have never seen that prayer before....how wonderful to tie in praying to carving a pumpkin! Just precious pictures.

Kristy said...

I love the corn stalk picture!!! That gorgeous red hair takes my breath away every time I see it!!! What a great day all of you had!!

Blessings, Kristy

prechrswife said...

Great pictures! I always love the pumpkin patch pictures in the fall. And, one day, I may be brave enough to use the Pumpkin Prayer during the children's sermon at church. I haven't been able to bring myself to brave the mess yet, though. :-)

Football and Fried Rice said...

What a sweet pumpkin prayer!!

Lori said...

Oh these are sweet, I love the pony shots especially!

Music


 
© Welcome to Our Little Ladybugs!
CoffeeShop Designs