Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Time for Prayer

When I began this blog many, many posts ago, it was an outlet for me, a connection to others and somewhat adoption related. I wanted a blog so that I might remain connected to the many friends in this world whom we have met or established relationships with as a result of Hannah's adoption. Then, there were others, other moms, other Christian women, old friends, new friends, family members...and it became more than just a blog, it became part of our world.

I like, no... I love to write. I enjoy it. I dream of writing a book and I dream of writing devotionals. I dream of being a vehicle that God will use. I pray about how my life will be used and which ways I can best serve while I wait on the Lord to guide my steps.

There is a reason that I keep a running prayer list at the sidebar of our blog. I believe in the power of prayer. Every now and again, I stop and highlight some of those requests that touch my heart and that I feel require that extra measure of time well spent on our knees for our brothers and sisters.


Please lift this family

Their daughter, Abby, adopted at six months in Guatemala, was diagnosed this past summer with Leukemia. She is four years old. The blow of the diagnosis was made more complicated by news just before Christmas that Abby has a biological defect that makes her chances of healing less likely. This sweet little girl is struggling and her family is struggling. Please join me in praying for them as Abby enters the most difficult phase of her treatment. If you click on the Abby's name in red, it does link to their family blog and you can read more about beautiful Abby.

My dear friend Leslie, her father has lost his battle here on earth and has gone home to be with the Lord. Their family would be blessed being covered in prayer at this most difficult time.

Linn and her family need our prayers. Their home burned to the ground. Though I am not certain, I believe they lost everything. They are a God-loving family who have inspired many with their devotion to adoption and building their family this way. My own grandmother died in a house fire, so this particular story makes my heart leap because no one was injured, but weep because I recognize the pain of losing history.

Of course there are many listed in the sidebar, I do try to keep them updated and usually do not remove a request unless a reader requests me to. If you feel led to pray for these special people, please do so.

17 comments:

MacMui Mom said...

Heather-

Thank you for bringing these people to our attention, so we can add them to our prayers. I too know that prayer is an amazing tool that God has provided us with to help one another even when we are far apart. Thank you for your example.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love your heart, Heather. I will come boldly before our God's throne with you for Abbey and her family.

Denise said...

I just love your writing too and would buy your book if you wrote it!

You inspire me to be a better Christian...I will pray for these needs~

Shelly and Family said...

I can honestly say, so enjoy reading your blog and I find it always very uplifting! Thank you for mention us when we got our referral and for when we traveled to China in your prayer listed on this blog. I can't begin to tell you what it meant to us....

mommy24treasures said...

thank you Heather... Thank you for just being you!
I would LOVE to have a devotional written by you I can imagine it would be fabulous!
You are a blessing. A true Treasure.

Missy said...

Hi Heather!

You are such a dear, precious person and I feel SO blessed that our paths have crossed. There are some people in life that make others feel good. Everytime I read your blog, I leave feeling better. You have such a way with words and you are so genuine. I would be your biggest fan if you wrote a devotional! Go for it!
Thanks for being a prayer warrior. You inspire me. XOXO

The Byrd's Nest said...

You know Heather....I have often thought of removing my families I have on the side and putting prayer requests there instead. I think of it every time I come to your blog and then poof it is gone!

I do love your heart Heather....I usually go down your list when I come to visit you.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Well, I guess there is enough room to put prayers AND keep the families....duh!

Kristy said...

Heather first I love your new header, it is beautiful. Second, my blog also has become so much more and I love the connection to everyone it brings me too. Third , I wrote a christian childrens book, titled "God made me in China", and it is going to be printed and published in February and trust me if I can do it , anyone can do it. So let your miracle start just sit down and write , I know you can do it.

Also everytime I come to your blog and read your prayer list , I think , Kristy why don't you do that??? Well you know what I think I am, so thank you for the inspiration and yes I will be praying for this sweet little girl.

Love and blessings, Kristy

3 Peanuts said...

I will keep them all in my prayers AND you should write a book. You are very talented. I think you would be great at a devotional.

Kim

3 Peanuts said...

PS. Love you new look. It is my favorite yet!

Rachel said...

I love how blogging has turned into being able to be prayer partners with people we don't know, but will surely meet in heaven. How cool will it be when we can say, "Oh, I remember praying for you after I heard about you from a blogger friend!" Thanks for being faithful and bringing these requests to our attention.

redmaryjanes said...

I too believe in the power of prayer, I have seen it work over and over again.

I will pray for these families.

Unknown said...

Heather - Praying with you!

Love the new blog makeover!

My heart breaks for the Riggs and for the family that lost everything in their fire. I have been richly blessed by the Rigg family and coming alongside of them since Abby was diagnosed this past summer. God has worked many miracles in their lives and all those who have been blessed by reading her story!

Miss you all and hope to see you soon!

Hugs,
Jill
Did you see Gabriel? Oh that boy is beyond precious!!!!

Jboo said...

You are so sweet to remember so many who need our prayers!! I know there is so much power in prayer and I will remember your friends too.

Janet

Sheri said...

Heather - thank you for sharing these prayer requests. It's such a comfort to those in need of prayer to know that many are lifting them up. I would also love any book that you would write. God has given you a gift!

Michelle R Photography said...

Hi Heather,
I tried to comment last night, but my computer shut down in the middle of it! I feel like I am always saying the same thing to you, but you must know how much I love your heart. You are an amazingly talented and gifted writer and you would most certainly lift up and inspire your readers. I hope that one day, I can go to LifeWay and purchase your first book!! Thanks for posting these prayer requests, and thank you for adding us to your list!! Your prayers are much appreciated!

Love,
Michelle

Music


 
© Welcome to Our Little Ladybugs!
CoffeeShop Designs